[Zope] Request regarding 'Hotfixes'

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:55:58 -0400

> From: Bill Anderson <anderson@hp.com>
>
> It is very important for the distinctin to be made. Consider the new
> reporter, who has seen ZC/DC issue security fixes, labelling them
> Hotfixes. Now imagine what happens when they see a list of fifteen,
> twenty, thirty 'hotfixes', what are they going to assume?

OK, so what do we call them?  Monkey patches? ;)
To my mind, a "Product" adds functionality to Zope, it doesn't change some
core behavior (thought there are products out there that do, like ZDebug).
So I suggest we need a way to distinguish these types of hotfix-methodology
based products.  Or a subclass of Product... I can't think of a good name.
Patch would again imply fixing something...