[Zope] Inheritance vs. Zope's security model

Philipp Robbel philipp.robbel@epost.de
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:16:07 +0200

Hi all :-),

I have a small (?) problem with Zope's security & inheritance model, but
maybe i'm just overlooking something..

Ok, in the root folder i have a dtml-method called "test" that's supposed to
be inherited to the subfolders /one and /two and not to be accessible in the
root folder itself.
In those /one and /two folders I have two people (managers) set up. Again, I
want /test (i.e. the test method in the root folder) to be unaccessible to
anyone - except of course the root folder managers).

And I want /one/test NOT to be available to the manager of the /two folder
and vice versa

How do i set this up without doing security checks in the test method
itself?
The Problem is: when restricting the method "test" to "managers", only a
manager defined in the root folder can access it, but the managers from /one
and /two can't.

Can you help me with my problem?

Thanks in advance,
Philipp