[Zope] Newbie questions

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:14:42 -0400

Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply!

As far as the modules are concerned, I read quickly through it, but I'm just
concerned
about the security implications.  The module I need to work with for
instance takes a
config file as input, normally from the file system.  This has been disabled
by default
for obvious secuity reasons, will I be able to get around it? Actually, if I
use Zope
specific methods, I suppose I should be able to open the file and pass the
object to the module's
method instead of the file name and it should work ok?  th efurthest I got
was to import the module,
if I didn't get security errors, I got prompted for passwords, but even the
admin password
wasn't working, not sure what I was doing wrong, I'm probably moving a bit
too fast on this :)

As for the database, you have the entore site  going on PostgreSQL ? That's
what I'd like
to do eventually as well.  I noticed you can create "connection objects" and
so on, but
I'd prefer storing the ENTIRE site in an efficient database if possible. I'd
be inetersted to know
how they go about storing large images in PostgreSQL though, I guess you
need post 7.1
in order to have TOAST ?  Other binary type objects are just BLOBs I suppose
?
If you can point me to any docs concerning this I'd love to see them :)

Thanks,
J.F.