[Zope] passing form variables to ext. method

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:38:13 +0200 (CEST)

Matt Hand writes:
 >   Since I've beeen unsuccessful getting INSERT statements to work with PoPyDA/Zope/PostgerSQL, I've decided to use a web-form and an external method to process the form variable=value pairs.
Not sure, I understand what you external method should do....

But Zope decodes the form "variable=value" pairs for you.
The result is in "REQUEST.form" (a mapping from variables to values).

 >   The python script works fine when I hardcode the values and run it from the command line, but trying chokes trying to get the query string (REQUEST) when called from a dtml document's form.
The query string is "QUERY_STRING" not "REQUEST"...

Dieter