[Zope] Skinnable products

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:27:25 +1200

On Monday 27 August 2001 23:06, you wrote:
>  I could really need some ideas for making a skinnable Python product.
>
>  I am developing a Product, once more, but this time I am trying to mak=
e it
>  skinable. I have written a basic module that can be re-used for all ki=
nds
> of functionality.

[etc]

>  I don't need tested ideas, but would really like some input for ideas =
as
> for how to do this.

What you're describing here is almost exactly what CMF's portal skin tool=
=20
does, so you could just write the product to CMF's api's and get that stu=
ff=20
for free. Alternatively you could attempt to snarf the code from the skin=
=20
tool into your own product so it can run without needing CMF.=20

John