[Zope] Re: image hot fix

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:50:14 -0400

> From: Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr>
>
> So maybe you could give a look at ImageMagick, especially the "mogrify"
> command. I've used it only from os.system, but AFAIK there's a python
> module for ImageMagick which may produce better results than PIL
> (untested), it's called PyMagick IIRC.

I had a look at ImageMagick, and decided it's not exactly Python friendly.
Both packages are kind of a pain to install, but ImageMagick does seem a
little more widely available as an easy-to-install RPM.  PyMagick has
basically disappeared from the web... I found a copy of it, but obviously
old, and unsupported.  That's why I went with PIL.