[Zope] Automated Method of Uploading Files to Zope

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:54:18 +0200

> Each Monday I take accounting reports from an ancient VAX system and roll
> them into XML via Python and Perl scripts I have written (Python unzips
> the
> files and triggers Perl scripts to process them into XML). I then upload
> these XML files manually to my remote Zope server using the LocalFS
> product
> to upload and manage them.

> I would like to automate this last part of the process to automatically
> upload the XML files to the Zope server which runs behind Apache with SSL.
> am soliciting suggestions on the best way to upload these files
> automatically. Are there Python modules that can deal with logging into
> Zope, the SSL layer, and file uploading? Is this a good candidate for an
> XML-RPC application?

Nah, too much work. You should be able to use utilities/load_site.py,
an uploading utility for zope. It isn't able to use ssl, but that
should be easily circumvented by using tools like stunnel
http://www.stunnel.org/

It creates an ssl tunnel to your server and runs on linux and windows
(and a plenty of other *nixes) - I used just the linux version.
You can than create the tunnel from localhost port 2000 via
stunnel -c -d 2000 -r yourzopehost:443

and use load_site.py to connect to localhost:2000.

I didn't use stunnel in conjunction with load_site/zope, but it
should work.

You can find related tools at

http://www.openssl.org/related/apps.html

cheers,