[Zope] rendering accented characters from postgres

Sion Morris pss086@bangor.ac.uk
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:39:17 +0100

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>rendering accented characters from
A table with publication titles, mostly english, but also with welsh,
french and spanish titles does not render accented characters properly
in IE or Netscape. Using telnet on a Mac to access Postgres on Linux
with psql renders the titles correctly. The postgres table is Latin 1
encoded.</div>
can display the text correctly. IE has the default character set of
Western (Latin 1) but does not render the text correctly; instead of =E9
it displays<font face=3D"Verdana" color=3D"#000000"><i>
characters display properly. Clients on Windows do not have this
character set.</div>
best way to do this?</div>