[Zope] passing ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload instance between forms

Giuseppe Bonelli g.bonelli@pn.itnet.it
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:25:50 +0200

Hello to all,

Is it possible to share a single instance of a =
ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload object between different forms ?

In other words:

I have a file upload form where I load a file in the standard way whit a =
<input type=3D"file" ...>
I then process the file in an external method (for ex. I check for the =
file type, and if it is a PDF I use pdfinfo to extract the properties =
embedded in the file)
I then call a second form which has some field eventually percompiled =
from the pdf properties returned from the external method
This second form must upload the file (as an extDocument), without the =
need of another <input type=3D"file" ...>?

The above arrangement works only if I use a <input type=3D"file" ...> in =
both form, which imply loading the file twice and having the users =
searching for the same file twice.
=20
Any suggestion ?

TIA,