[Zope] hasRole syntax ?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:44:25 +0200

"Brian Lloyd" <brian.lloyd@zope.com> wrote:

<...snip...>

> hasRole is a very very old method that is deprecated, though
> I just looked and found that the help system (and possibly
> the documentation) lists it (and omits has_role, has_permission
> and other things that should be there).
>
> I've copied the documentation guys on this. Amos or Mike, can
> we get this fixed for 2.5?

*EEEP* Sorry, you win no toaster this time. This is a what Oracle people in
the UK classify as a "feature" that needs to be adressed.

The correct IMHO, should have been "ca we get this fixed for the *next*
release, like 2.4.x?" :-)

Now, if you, for whatever reason, ou feel that this will not appear in docs
until 2.5, what source file(s) are we supposed to look in to find out the
correct syntax?

I have a candidate here:

lib/python/AccessControl/User.py and the BasicUser class.

Are there any more places to look?

Sincerely,

/dario