[Zope] hasRole syntax ?

Brian Lloyd brian.lloyd@zope.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:11:28 -0400

> > I've copied the documentation guys on this. Amos or Mike, can
> > we get this fixed for 2.5?
>
> *EEEP* Sorry, you win no toaster this time. This is a what Oracle
> people in
> the UK classify as a "feature" that needs to be adressed.
>
> The correct IMHO, should have been "ca we get this fixed for the *next*
> release, like 2.4.x?" :-)

I should have said that to be clearer - however the next "planned"
release will likely be 2.5. If another 2.4.x release (beyond 2.4.1,
which is already frozen) happens before 2.5, I would expect it to
be in that too.

> Now, if you, for whatever reason, ou feel that this will not
> appear in docs
> until 2.5, what source file(s) are we supposed to look in to find out the
> correct syntax?
>
> I have a candidate here:
>
> lib/python/AccessControl/User.py and the BasicUser class.

That's correct. We also plan to start taking advantage of the
new Python warn() framework to start dealing with deprecated
methods.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Zope Corporation   www.zope.com