[Zope] newbie file upload question??

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:07:20 +0200 (CEST)

Michael writes:
 > question is, is there any way to upload a file using File Attach, and have
 > Z-catalog automatically index it?
What is "File Attach"?

If you upload your file in your own method, then you can call
"catalog_object" in that method to catalog the file.

I fear that with the normal catalog configuration, this
will only catalog the files meta data not its content.
This is reasonably as many files will be binary and
indexing binary content is not a good idea.

If you need to index the content, then you should
probably derive a new class "TextFile" which has a
method "PrincipiaSearchSource" (do not ask why we have
this strange name...). Let this method
return whatever you want to have indexed from your file.

Dieter