[Zope] Version Control Question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:08:08 +0200 (CEST)

ken bolton writes:
 > I like the sound of that. Unfortunately, they keep popping developers on and
 > off this project, and its the only Zope project in the house (for now!).
 > How do you propose dealing with Extensions and Products in the filesystem,
 > or other filesystem based things?
You use a standard version control system for that.

 > Could someone say "Don't use ZEO for this"? Or do?
With "ZEO", all clients need to have the same products installed.
Otherwise, chaos may result.

Thus, you may not want to use ZEO for your decentralized
development (just to avoid the frequent synchronization).
However, there is no reason not to use Zeo for the staging
or production server.

Dieter

PS: Quoting could be a bit more restricted....