[Zope] Adding a ZClass instance in python

Gilles Lenfant glenfant@bigfoot.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:46:40 +0200

Hi,

I've read this How-To

http://www.zope.org/Members/tazzzzz/addZClasses

But I'm deadly trying to do this in a python script (that's not a ZClass
method and does not reside in a product), an not in an external method.
I've deeply tried to find a way but did not succed.

The creation of ZClass instances through ZMI works perfectly , through the
usual MyProduct/MyZClass_addForm and MyZClass_add

All I do is this (translation into python script of the DTML method from
above mentioned URL):

context.REQUEST.set('id', myNewId)
context.manage_addProduct['MyProduct'].MyZClass_add(_.None, NoRedir=1)
return 'Done'

I got this...

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: MyZClass

[VERY LONG TRACEBACK FINISHING WITH]

    (Object: MyZClass_add)
  File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py,
line 138, in render
    (Object: MyZClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
  File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
line 339, in eval
    (Object: MyZClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
    (Info: REQUEST)
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
NameError: (see above)

Does someone have an idea ?