[Zope] Netscape 4.7x Redirect problem

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:59:18 -0400

Welcome David!

Looks we both work for the same employer...The State of Virginia.

Are you using Zope down your way? With the PeopleSoft conversion coming
along, I thought it would interesting to build out some sort of interface to
it with Zope and/or Python.

Anyone else on the list ever heard of such a thing being done?

Or, on a far side note...Is there a 3270 Terminal interface for Python? That
would be great! I have a Java Servlet connection now that uses a Java API.
Might there be a way to tie it into Jython or something? Just curious...

Allen Schmidt
Northern Virginia Community College

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carter-Tod [mailto:wccartd@wc.cc.va.us]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 8:46 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Netscape 4.7x Redirect problem

At 06:12 AM 8/31/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Schmidt, Allen J. writes:
>  > Trying to use a RESPONSE.redirect('menu') on an intermediate page for
>  > handling logins.
>  > After userid and password and submit, the loginCheck page does its
thing.
>  > If really a valid user, the code above redirects to the main menu page.
>  >
>  > Works great in IE but I get "Document contains no data" for Netscape.
>  >
>  > Has to be the redirect because if I comment it out, the other parts of
the
>  > page display correctly.

I've run into something similar in a different context, which I documented
here.

http://instructionaltechnology.editthispage.com/discuss/msgReader$666

I'm hypothesizing that when the HTTP Header is something other than 200,
and the end destination page is large, and the url has no file extension,
Netscape 4.x chokes.

David

p.s. Newbie - my first post
--
David Carter-Tod
<wccartd@wc.cc.va.us>

Instructional Technologist/Distance Education Contact
Wytheville Community College, 1000 E. Main St.,
Wytheville, VA 24382
(wk) 540-223-4784
http://www.wc.cc.va.us/

Online certificate in web site design: