[Zope] Fairly dumb SecurityCheckPermission question

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:57:41 +0200

> Hi

> I am using the security system for the first time, so this question could
> be
> trivial.

> I want to check in one DTML Method whether the current user has permission
> to view another one. So I have tried the following, where editContact is
> the
> target method.

> <dtml-if expr="_.SecurityCheckPermission('View', editContact())">

Hi,
untested
<dtml-if expr="_.SecurityCheckPermission('View', editContact)">

Note the missing brackets after editContact. I think SecurityCheckPermission
won't want to be handed the return value (output) of your object
editContact, just the object itself, thus it's clearly wrong to
call it.
Your confusion might come from the fact that "this" is indeed a method,
which, when called, returns the object where "this" is called.

cheers,
oliver