[Zope] Building Zope w/ Sun Forte (rather than gcc)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 21:05:34 +0100

Paul Horbal writes:
 > Has anybody attempted to do this?
 >
 > I'm finding that even though I specify CC, CXX, put the Forte directories ahead of /usr/local/bin in my path, Python is still falling back on gcc to build Zope.  Where can I modify this behaviour?
You may need to configure Python not to use "gcc":

    In your Python source distribution folder:

       ./configure --without-gcc

    Then "make", "make test", "make install"

    From the "configure" source:

         --without-gcc                   never use gcc

 > Our Sun rep tells us that we can kiss performance goodbye using gcc...  Since we have Forte anyways, I'd like to try it out.
Please let us know, whether or not they are right...

I do not always trust reps...

Dieter