[Zope] Problems writing a new product

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 20:56:39 +0100

Tille, Andreas writes:
 > I plan to write a product derived from Folder which has some keywords
 > as additional properties.  Those keywords should be included as meta t=
ags
 > of the documents of this folder.
 >=20
 > I tried to understand the Zope Developers Guide and copied the basic f=
older
 > class to MyFolder and did some changes.  While I had some syntactical
 > errors I=B4ve got a "Broken product" in my Zope product folder and fou=
nd
 > the error log.  After fixing those errors I was quite happy - but now =
the
 > Product vanished from my products folder after restarting Zope :-((.
What do you see in the Zope log file (I means the "STUPID_LOG_FILE" not
"var/Z2.log"!)?

 > # /etc/init.d/zope restart
 > Restarting Zope...WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module py=
expat:
 >   This Python has API version 1010, module pyexpat has version 1007.
Definitely not a good sign:

   Your Zope accesses a "pyexpat" shared object (or DLL) that was generat=
ed
   for an older Python version than you use now.
   This may cause nasty crashes...

Find the outdated shared object and replace it with one generated for
your current Python version.

Dieter