[Zope] Re: Good development environment for Zope?

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:38:07 -0800

Hi Seb,

can you post the details here ? I have tried this at various times and
never been completely happy. Are you using ZEO ?

Some random notes for the original poster: I use xemacs for editing
product source files (local) and keep auto-refresh turned on for
products in development. I run zope in debug mode in a window where I
can check for syntax errors (which may prevent refresh) and
increasingly, low-tech sys.stderr.write print statements, which I
insert to see what's going on. I also use doctests for this purpose,
as well as for unit tests.

For remote servers I use sitecopy + makefiles for pushing new content
and to automate various ZMI operations. I often use zwiki-mode.el in
xemacs to edit remote wiki pages, but mostly use a web browser or
upload scripts to edit other kinds of zodb object, since ftp/webdav
access usually isn't available.

-Simon

PS you may find http://zwiki.org/ZopeProductMakefile of interest