[Zope] Newbie comparison Zope, MSCMS and RedDot - editing content

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 07:11:44 -0000

--On 30 November 2001 17:21 -0800 Joshua Lanza <jlanza@vorsite.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a Zope-newbie (only heard of it 2 days ago), and I'm trying to see
> how it compares with something like RedDot or MSCMS, which have the
> ability to edit content right on the live page using placeholders. Eg:
> Click on the red dot, and I can edit a paragraph. So far, all I have
> found is how to edit object values through the management console. I
> think there must be something in the Zope world to do this.
>
> Getting pointed in the right direction on this would be much
> appreciated,

Zope doesn't give you this out of the box but there a number of
Products that can extend Zope in this direction (and which have been
mentioned in replies).

More generally, you can use _any_ of a wide range of TTW editing
widgets within the Zope framework. See

http://www.bris.ac.uk/ISC/cms/ttw.html

for a list of these. Some of them are now developing in an XML
direction (e.g. Xopus http://www.q42.nl/products/editors.html ).

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/