[Zope] Zope on Mac OS X -- startup exception

Jochen Häberle joh-zope@midras.de
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:12:19 +0100

Chris,

how's it that you " installed as cafrica and logged in to my machine as
cafrica, but the
passwords are different."???
With unix, user privileges are basically rendered by the user- and
group-id, that's numbers... so if you had a user carfica, deleted that
and made a new cafrica, they will not be the same...

If you just changed the password for cafrica, that's no problem. Mhmm, I
am running Zope fine on OS X.1... does have cafrica admin-rights?

You should check what user and group may read/write to your
/Applications/Zope/var/Z2.pid

Regards
Jochen