[Zope] CMF, like it? hate it? why? other options?

Seb Bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:58:33 -0000

Useful for:

   - indexing, metadata, skinning, workflow, some membership / registration
stuff
   - websites which work like zope.org

Useless (out of the box) for:

   - using the CMFDefault site to build anything you're likely to want to
build (i.e. non-zope-org style)
   - building a complex site without getting your hands dirty with python

Think of it like a toolkit of python snippets, all of which are useful for
building sites with the attributes listed above.  If you're comfortable with
building python products, it's a very useful toolkit, and worth learning.
If you're after something simple, quick, and easy, I wouldn't bother.

Personally, I've found it invaluable, but I've invested a lot of time in
grokking it.

hth
seb