[Zope] CMF, like it? hate it? why? other options?

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:10:55 -0800

I think if you have multiple people contributing content, it can be a good
fit.

Pros:
	The contributor interface can be made easier than the ZMI
	Skins are great - easy to switch presentation with a single source
of content
	Consistent set of metadata

Cons:
	Difficult to develop products for people new to zope products and
python - I have yet to find a list detailing exactly what I need to do to
make a product, I have just copied existing products and modified
	Difficult to integrate non-CMF zope products into the CMF
	Seems to be a bit slower than stock zope - RAM Cache seems to
partially solve this

Perhaps addressing your concern, I have put a little icon next to each
topic, which when clicked starts a pop-up describing how members can get
their stuff published to that particular topic - i.e. what metadata to use.

The next step would be something like getting a list of all topics, and
asking the user where they would like there stuff to show up, then
prepopulating their document/file/whatever with the proper metadata.

-Scott