[Zope] Zope on Mac OS X -- startup exception

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:33:07 +1100

On Wednesday 05 December 2001 04:01, Chris Africa wrote:
> Ahhh, I get it--it turns out it was just an access problem (cafrica
> couldn't read/write to the Zope folder).

I'm intending that the next release will fix these problems by requiring that
users have admin privilege if they aren't the user that Zope runs as. This
also allows one to run the server on ports < 1024 which is a Good Thing :)

Problem is, I'm having an awful time with the complete absence of
documentation on the Authorization API :(

I can start the server fine, but I can't stop the bugger...

   Richard