[Zope] Python script/security help

Keith Alperin KAlperin@ignitesports.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 18:36:00 -0600

Greetings Zopistas!  Currently, I'm having problems with a python
script.  Let me describe the situation.  I have a product (Member) which
has a number of properties.  These properties are themselves instances
of a Property class.  The Property class only has getValue() and
setValue() methods.  Thus, in order to get the member's first name, I
can use the following syntax:

myMember.fname.getValue()

The getValue() method is declared as public with the following syntax:

	security =3D ClassSecurityInfo()
security.declarePublic('getValue')
def getValue(self):
"""returns the value of this property"""
return self.value

I can call the fname.getValue() method from another method of my member
object.  The problem is that when I attempt to call the fname.getValue()
method from a python script, I am prompted for my password and then am
given an error: "Unauthorized: getValue"

I think that I'm missing something important related to python script
security, but haven't been able to determine what it is.

Any help would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Keith R. Alperin