[Zope] Acquisition and Error Handling Questions

Tim Owen timowen@voyager.net
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 05:46:43 -0500

I wish I could whole-heartedly agree on its usefulness.  I did check there
first.  There is no documentation on what **kw means in either the Zope Book
or the API.

In general, Zope documentation, while decent as a reference, is scattered
everywhere and lacks meaningful examples.  Not a knock, just an observation.
It _is_ my intention to help resolve that by contributing to the
documentation efforts once I get up to speed a bit more on proper
techniques.  Some of us are learning Zope, web development, and Python all
at the same time.

Anyway, I do appreciate your and Oleg's assistance on these questions and
hopefully other lurkers are benefiting as well.  I am progressing daily on
the concepts with assistance like this when I run into the roadblocks.  For
what it's worth, several folks I know abandoned Zope in favor of PHP because
of the documentation issues and concepts like acquisition being hard to
grasp initially.

Regards.