[Zope] [Fwd: Re: Zope Solution]

Philipp Auersperg phil@bluedynamics.com
06 Dec 2001 23:45:16 +0100

Hi!

You're right, as Stephan answered to you we used in this project Zope as
a pure 'blind' appserver.

the protocol we used there is xmlrpc (www.xmlrpc.com) which has bindings
for nearly all languages, among these: python,c++,java  on client and
serverside. xmlrpclib marshalls function calls and basic types
(scalars,dicts,lists,datetimes) as xml statements and uses http as
transport.

Zope has a built-in xmlrpc server.

There are also projects for other protocols (SOAP and CORBA) but I think
the latter one is in an experimental state.

The point I liked so much about xmlrpc was that is very uncomplicated to
implement.

As I can read from your explanation it should be well possible to
implement that with Zope.

Please let me know when you need more information, perhaps you can then
provide me more details about your project .

regards

phil