[Zope] Web reporting

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 06:10:20 -0000

--On 06 December 2001 19:49 -0500 Jeff Sacksteder
<jwsacksteder@ramprecision.com> wrote:

> I have recently been generating web reports from relational data in our
> ERP system and would like to process the results a little more than what
> I can accomplish with SQL alone. Are there any reporting packages
> available for Zope that are similar in spirit to Crystal Reports or
> anything like that? I'd like to have a few basic functions like sum and
> average, etc. I could do this in python, but I would think this kind of
> thing should be a Product that everyone can use. Does such a thing
> already exist somewhere?

Jeff:

I've not used Crystal Reports but I _think_

http://www.zope.org/Members/zwork/Znolk_SQL_Wizard

might be the sort of direction you're after.

More recently

http://www.zope.org/Members/aeg/ZDatabaseTool

has appeared on the scene which seems like Znolk_SQL_Wizard
on steroids but I haven't had time to check it out yet. (BTW Top
marks to Andreas for the screenshots and the demo site -
if all Products could have supporting screenshots then
the world would be a better place IHMO.)

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/