[Zope] Class definition problem in a Python Script

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 23:11:22 +0100

complaw@hal-pc.org writes:
 > Unfortunately, my mechanism for doing so is giving
 > me a "SyntaxError, Names starting with "_" are not allowed (__doc__)."
 >
 > Here is the code...
 >
 > def get_object_by_element_number(objList, given_element_number):
 >
 >   class MyErrorClass:
 >     "Dummy class so something is returned (with an error indicator)"
 >     element_number = -1
 >
 >   found = 0
 >   for obj in objList:
 >     if given_element_number = obj.element_number:
 >       found = 1
 >       return obj
 >
 >   if found == 0:
 >     error_obj = MyErrorClass
 >     return error_obj

I can do it without problem (replaced "error_obj = MyErrorClass"
with "error_obj= MyErrorClass()").

Are you sure, the SyntaxError is inside this script?

I expect problems when I would try to access the object in TTW code
(no "SyntaxError" but an "Unauthorized" exception).

I would probably go for the following solution:

  Provide security declarations that make "ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.Record"
  importable. Derive your class from "Record".

Dieter