[Zope] RE:Editing dtml content for non-techies

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 19:19:03 -0800

Try using structured text documents. These can be created without
any HTML.
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/STX

On 12/8/01 at 6:10 PM sanket wrote:

>Message: 12
>Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:53:22 +0000
>From: matt carey <matt@textmatters.com>
>To: <zope@zope.org>
>Subject: [Zope] Editing dtml content for non-techies
>
>i'm wondering if anyone knows of a dtml editing tool (or
soemthing) that
>would allow for the editing of content within a dtml page on zope
by a
>non-techie?
>
>we have a zope site for a client who wants to give the editing and
content
>updating tasks to various members of staff. they don't want to use
the
>management interface as they do not understand html/dtml.
>
>what we need is a way they can view just the content (so the dtml
tags are
>present but hidden and not re-written) and edit that. we are
planning to
>allow downloading/uploading of files useing webdav.
>
>any ideas or suggestions would be fantastic!
>
>cheers
>
>matt
>
>hello mat,
>Does your client want to edit only content on the website ??
>I think then you can make some content management forms and your
client
>wont see HTML/DTML tags. He will just type the matter in the forms
and it
>will be there on the website. besides you dont even have to upload
any
>files separately.
>I have almost finished creating such forms for my company.
>If can help you if this is what you want !!
>
>Sanket.

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar