[Zope] New member: learning Zope

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 20:40:12 -0800

You might want to consider trying to seperate the content and logic as mu=
ch
as possible, so that you avoid having to code anything to create a new
presentation and/or slide.  You could likely create a product using 2
ZClasses that represent a slide and presentation, without much more effor=
than what you are doing now.  I think ou could even subclass file in a
ZClass to create a custom SVG file object type that stored metadata about
the slide, like its number and the presentation it belongs to in Property
sheets.  There is likely enough example information in the Zope Book and
ZClass howtos on Zope.org to get you started.

Also, if it helps, get the REQUEST object directly from your Python scrip=
with context.REQUEST['someformvalue']...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: tximi txanga [mailto:tximitxanga@yahoo.es]
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 8:27 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] New member: learning Zope

First I want to thank all the hard workers that have
put all this planet-Zope together.

I'm developing a simple template procedure for website
presentations (with SVG and the internet I think we
can forget powerpointlike presentantions for a while)
using zope as THE server. Since my presentation is
next friday, I'm creating something that works, but
I'm not happy with it. The problem is: I have a couple
of methods(DTML and Python)per presentation. The DTML
receive as parameter the slide number and  calls the
python script that returns the name of the slide.
Therefore, right now everytime that I want to setup a
presentation I have to build two documents.=20

I would like to build only one document per
presentation: the python script. A general DTML method
should receive two parameters (pResnetation and sLide)
and create the page calling the appropiate python
script. BUT, I cannot call the python script using the
parameter pResentation like <dtml-var
foo=3Dexpr"pResentation(sLide)">. So the topic question
might be how can I receive a parameter using GET that
represents a python scritp and call this script from
the DTML method without using external scripts?

Thanks in advance!

PS wouldn't it be nice if some guru can develop a
class for presentations that would allow us to
assemble a bunch of slides in less than a minute
minute using zope?