[Zope] CookieCrumbler and Apache/IIS

Jeffrey Robinson Jeffrey.Robinson@MCICoach.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:23:23 -0600

Hello folks;

This question may have been asked before, but I don't believe I've found an
answer to it.

I have been using the CookieCrumbler product to give me nice web-based
login/logout facilities, and am quite pleased with how it works when I
access Zope directly.  Though now that I'm trying to get things into more of
a production environment I'm running into a bit of a problem...

My initial work with one company had Zope behind IIS using PCGI and no
matter what it seemed that users could not login when going through IIS.
Though if they bypassed the server and went directly to port 8080 there was
no problem at all.

Now, I have a setup (on Linux) using Apache and rewriting URLs (for Virtual
Hosts) to access specific folders in Zope ( using the instructions based on:
http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver ).  The access and
administration passing through Apache work fine; the admin interface is
entered into by using the standard Zope (HTTP) authentication... but no
matter what I do it seems like I can't get the CookieCrumbler working behind
a webserver!

Have other folks had difficulties with this before?  Can it work, or should
I be using a different method of authenticating/tracking visitors?

Thanks in advance;

Jeff Robinson
Graphic Designer
Motor Coach Industries