[Zope] "Publishing" static content

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:27:34 -0800 (PST)

	My client wants to use Zope to manage a website.  They want Zope's
security, acquisition, etc.  This is for a site with completely static
content.

	After the site looks good under Zope, they want to "publish" the
content to another (offsite, timeshared) Apache webserver.  This would be
standard HTML after Zope processes it (no DTML), and regular images
(GIF/JPG), Flash, and AVI files.  The deal is, they want to use a
webhosting service that does not offer Zope.

	Is there a way to do this?  I understand that you'd need the Zope
server to be there for any dynamic content, but this is for static content
only.  I'm think a button I push that "syncs" up the Apache webhosting
server with the Zope content.

	The first problem I see is that objects in zope don't carry
extensions, i.e., it's index_html, not index.html.  The Apache server
would use those extensions to come up with the MIME type (HTTP
Content-Type header)--if the files from Zope don't have extensions, how
will the Apache server know what kind of file it is (and not just serve it
up under the default text/plain MIME type?)

	Please advise.

Thank You,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks@realloc.net