[Zope] newbie q: howto get easy edit functionality on a database table for endusers, with input-restrictions?

rene@xs4all.nl rene@xs4all.nl
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:52:44 +0100

Hi. I'm trying to run Zope on FreeBSD 4.x-STABLE, with little success so far.
:(

What I need to know most is if Zope can support a database application with a
sort of meta-definition of the database structure, so I can easily create
definitions of forms (that are to be filled in by an end-user) in
form-configuration files.

In those form-configuration files, field and input-restrictions should be
listed for any given table/view of/to the database.
After that I need an engine to parse those form-configuration files into an
HTML window that actually allows editing of the database content..

In short, I need a replacement for Microsoft Access ;-)

Question: can zope do this, and if so, where is it documented?

PS a reporting engine (a-la M$ Access) would come in handy very much, too.