[Zope] newbie q: howto get easy edit functionality on a database table for endusers, with input-restrictions?

Andreas Heckel andreas@easyleading.org
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:02:50 +0100

rene@xs4all.nl wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to run Zope on FreeBSD 4.x-STABLE, with little success so far.
> :(
>
> What I need to know most is if Zope can support a database application with a
> sort of meta-definition of the database structure, so I can easily create
> definitions of forms (that are to be filled in by an end-user) in
> form-configuration files.
>
> In those form-configuration files, field and input-restrictions should be
> listed for any given table/view of/to the database.
> After that I need an engine to parse those form-configuration files into an
> HTML window that actually allows editing of the database content..
>
> In short, I need a replacement for Microsoft Access ;-)
>
> Question: can zope do this, and if so, where is it documented?
>
> PS a reporting engine (a-la M$ Access) would come in handy very much, too.

ZDatabaseTool is what you are looking for. You can find it at:

http://www.easyleading.org

There is a online demo of version 0.1.0b1. The current development
version is
0.6.2b21 ;-)

The full featured Product including the Wizards will be released in the
next few
days. Feel free to reply privately if you want me to send the current
source code 2U.

Andreas

Andreas Heckel                                  andreas@easyleading.org
LINUX is like a wigwam...no gates...no windows and an apache inside ;-)