[Zope] Does SiteRoot Interfere With Copy-Paste?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:17:54 +0100

Dan Shafer writes:
 > I have encountered a peculiarity and I'm having trouble understanding it.
 >
 > I have a folder on my site called "learning" where I experiment with
 > stuff I'm figuring out. When I get something working there, I want to
 > copy the resulting object(s) and paste it(them) into another folder
 > on my site.
 >
 > This works fine except in one of my folders. The only difference I
 > can see between the folders where it does work and this renegade is
 > that the folder where it doesn't work has a SiteRoot and the others
 > don't.
 >
 > In this folder, the Paste button just never appears. Everywhere else
 > on the site, it's fine.
Zope implements the "clipboard" (used for copying and pasting)
via a cookie. Apparently, the cookie is not sent to your
siterooted folder. This may happen when the browser thinks
the folder belongs to a different domain. However, I do not
see how the SiteRoot should cause that.

Dieter