[Zope] stability of zope?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:46:30 +0100

Hi!

> I like this one, because it's a thing which bother me since years.
>
> I my opinion, zope is not rock solid. It's a really nice software, but you
> can not rely on it.
> If something go wrong deep inside, you may have all your zsever threads
> blocked. Then you will need some external software to check if the web
> server still reply, if not you will have to kill and restart it. I don't
> think ZDaemon (-Z arg?) is of any help in case of hang.

Of course you CAN make Zope unstable. But you can also write unstable
modules for Apache I guess. We have never experienced any of these hangs.
There was a single Zope Beta I can remember that collapsed every few hours.
But the latest releases were all stable in the core.

Having Apache run in front of Zope is a very good idea though. Just do be on
the safe end with regard to malformed requests and denial of service
attacks.

Joachim