[Zope] A Catalog of Zope Products?

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:22:31 -0800 (PST)

-> This got me to thinking. Is there a central repository that catalogs
-> all Zope products and provides some explanation of what they do?

http://www.zope.org/Products/

	Click on "All Products" at the bottom to see, well, all Products.
That URL is

http://www.zope.org/Products/all_products

	But, as a new user, I'd like to complain about this layout.  I had
to spend a long time to find out the Products were under "Download" on the
main menu.  It is completely un-obvious as the location to find Products.

	Furthermore, it took me 15 minutes to find out how to install a
new Product (off of the website).  I actually had to use the Search widget
and surf through the results of my search to eventually find a note
explaining how to install them.

	IMHO, there should be a main top-level nav link called "Products"
that has links on what they are, the listing of products (as presently
appreas under "Download"), how to install a Product, and links to
resources on how to develop a Product.

--Derek