[Zope] Zope - Novell Network

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:24:04 +0100

From: "mick polo" <sendyourstuff50@hotmail.com>
> NovellNetware file server, with 20 win95 machines mapped sharing a couple
of
> folders on that server. all workstations have IPX/SPX setup, no TCP/IP.

Well, you need TCP/IP obviously. You will have to make sure you have a
proper TCP/IP setup first.

> I tried installing Zope on a 95machine on that setup and running it.
> installed OK, froze up on startup.

There is a delay on startup when the machine tries to figure out who it is
by making a reverse DNS lookup. If it doesn't have a DNS, then this will
take a minute or so, and the server will appear frozen.

>or do I have to run Zope in a Novell Shared folder somehow?

That wouldn't help one bit. You need TCP/IP. Yes every PC needs an
IP-address, no  you don't have to assign to every machine manually, you can
use DHCP to do dynamic assignments of IP-addresses. Ask on a NetWare forum.
news:comp.os.netware.connectivity is one, if you like news.