[Zope] Zope dtml-sqltest and MS Access data types

Harlow Pinson hpinson@indepthl.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:56:42 -0700

Hi.  This probably has a simple answer.

If I set up an field in a MS Access 2000 table with a data type of
Long Integer, and then try to write to it using a ZSQL method and
the DTML "dtml-sqltest" tag with type set to "int" or "float" I get an
ODBC error.

The Zope Book lists the possible data types available for sqltest as:
int, string, float, and nb

The only thing i've found to work is setting type to "string"

Are the other MS Access data types, like long integer, memo,
data/time, currency, etc supported by the the dtml-sqltest tag?
What are the workarounds?

Thanks.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning