[Zope] RE: Zope 2.4.3 crashing continually - asyncore replacement?

Brian Lloyd brian.lloyd@zope.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:08:46 -0500

> Problem solved. Thanks for your help. Looking through old mailing list
> archives, I see that this is a fairly well-known problem (but still not
> fixed in either asyncore.py or in Python!) Anyway, I took some code from
> ZEO's asyncwrap.py and modified asyncore. This really should get fixed
> once and for all....

FYI - the version of asyncore that will ship with Python 2.2 has
the fixes for these things. In the meantime, for 2.5 I've added
the 2.2 version to the distribution (+ some minor glue). It's not
pretty, but it works :)

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Software Engineer  540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com