[Zope] Zope and restricted access for different users

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:27:30 -0800

You will want to create a different 'role' for each site category that you
wish to protect; you can apply the 'View' permission to that role in the
security tab of the top level folder for that portion of the site, and it
applies the rest of the way down the folder hierarchy via acquisition,
unless you override it; generally this is a good thing.  You would then
create sets of users with roles to access each site of content.

The best way to accomplish a customized redirect-based-upon-login setup is
either to use a forward-proxy server with a redirector/URL-rewriter, or you
can do it in Zope; I'm guessing you want to do it in Zope itself, so you
could create a TTW Python script or DTML method that acts as your initial
login page.  Based upon the roles the user has, you can do (in DTML):

<dtml-if "_.SecurityGetUser().has_role('poweruser')">
 <dtml-call
"RESPONSE.redirect('http://a.zope.site.com/poweruserfrontpage')">
<dtml-else>
 <dtml-call