[Zope] Zope on local Win2K machine and IE

Danny William Adair danny@adair.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:48:07 +1300

Hi!

I installed Zope on a local (Win2K) machine that uses a modem dial-up to
connect to the internet. Whenever I type in "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" in IE
(6) to get to the Zope Server, Windows always prompts me for an internet
connection. When I "stay offline", the page does not display. When dialling
in, everything works fine.

So with IE on Windows 2000, I have to be online to connect to the local
(_really_ local, not even LAN) server. I find this stupid and unacceptable.
Is there any easy way to get around this problem?

Thank you very much in advance for your help,
Danny

P.S.: Netscape doesn't invoke this prompt, it connects just fine.