[Zope] 4TH REQUEST--HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
17 Dec 2001 15:57:08 +0000

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 15:40, Ben Ocean wrote:
> #su nobody -c \
>  > "/usr/local/bin/python /home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/zope0/z2.py \
>  > -p /home/httpd/cgi/zope0/Zope.cgi \
>  > -w '' -m '' -f 8080 -t 2 -Z
> /home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/zope0/var/zProcessManager.pid \
>  > INSTANCE_HOME=/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/zope0 \
>  > /home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/zope0/z2.log 2>&1 &"
>
> I've created the extra files (Zope.cgi, z2.log). I wasn't quite sure what
> pid Jim wanted for his *manager.pid*, so I assumed the zProcessManager was
> what he was after and stuck that in. At any rate, when I run the above I
> just get a prompt returned, but Zope isn't started. And frankly, I have
> little idea what the above code is trying to accomplish and don't even know
> where to begin deciphering it. Can someone please let me know what I'm
> doing wrong and help me understand what that code is saying?

Ben,

I haven't got any time to help much either, but there are easier ways of
getting started than this.

  http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/instancehome

is simple to follow and describes the minimum you need to do to get
multiple instances running.  jim's other stuff is just redhat specific
startup scripts.  you can manage without them until you understand how
they work; for now, you could just hard code calls to start each of your
zopes individually in /etc/rc.d/rc.local or similar.

hth

seb