[Zope] enhanced Virtual Host Monster question.

Jeffrey Robinson Jeffrey.Robinson@MCICoach.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:21:09 -0600

Hmmm... I tried to apply the changes to my httpd.conf as suggested, but
things don't seem to quite work out.

With the new VirtualHost section in place:

<VirtualHost test.gourmetpaws.com>
	SSLDisable
	ServerName test.gourmetpaws.com
	ServerAdmin root@gourmetpaws.com
	DocumentRoot /home/paws/public_html
	ProxyPass /catalogue
http://24.82.192.244:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/test.gourmetpaws.com:80/Virtu
alHostRoot/_vh_catalogue
	ProxyPassReverse /catalogue
http://24.82.192.244:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/test.gourmetpaws.com:80/Virtu
alHostRoot/_vh_catalogue
	ProxyPass /misc_ http://24.82.192.244:8080/misc_
	ProxyPass /p_ http://24.82.192.244:8080/p_
	ProxyVia on
</VirtualHost>

Whenever I traverse to test.gourmetpaws.com/catalogue it now just takes me
to the root index_html of the Zope install (version 2.4.3).  Right now, to
get around this I've installed a SiteRoot again (with different ProxyPass
rules) in the appropriate Zope folder to get things working... but if I use
the SiteRoot than I can do the same thing by rewriting without the
VirtualHostMonster.

Am I missing an integral step or done something strange?  (Not that doing
something like that would be out of the question, indeed!)

Jeff