[Zope] ZEO or INSTANCE_HOME Problem

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:21:43 -0800

At 02:23 PM 12/18/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Well, I'm never quite sure on the whys of this (perhaps someone else
>could explain?) but here's my take:
>
>PYTHONHOME is meant to point to your python libs, but it's also used to
>find your Zope installation when you're using INSTANCE_HOME (AFAIK).
>
>So what I do is, point PYTHONHOME at the zope install; and make a
>symlink to the python libs somewhere there:
>
>   ln -s /usr/local/python2.1/lib/python-2.1 /usr/local/Zope/lib/.

Yeah, that worked. But now this:

#./zctl.py start
Starting default Zope...
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/httpd/ZopeInstallation/Zope_software_home/z2.py", line 546, in ?
     zdaemon.run(sys.argv, os.path.join(CLIENT_HOME, Zpid))
NameError: name 'CLIENT_HOME' is not defined

I see that the variable is defined in zctl.py, so I'm a little concerned
that something fundamental is amiss. Your take?
TIA,
BenO
P.S. I *will* write a HowTo if there are fundamental problems here, I promise.