[Zope] Zcatalog and getObject problem

Geoff Horne horne@interop.net
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:03:00 -0800

I'm getting weirdness with getObject() that i can't find an answer to:

i want to troll my catalog to get objects, then interrogate the objects to
call methods. In theory i /could/ just shove all the objects in as meta
data, but getObject is meant to work me around that. SO here's the problem.

<dtml-in db>
      <dtml-with getObject>
         <dtml-var id>
         <dtml-var foo>
         <dtml-var x_test_method>
      </dtml-with>
</dtml-in>

When i run this is get a 'KeyError' because x_test_method is not in the
metadata. ('id' and 'foo' get returned just fine and i can call
'x_test_method' from the real object without error). It seems to me like
getObject() just ain't working.

Am i using getObject() incorrectly ?? or do i have a deeper problem like the
fact that my zCatalog is inside a SiteRoot and this is munging the object
path ?

Help please

  Geoff Horne                     http://www.interop.com
  Senior Network Engineer         http://www.ilabs.interop.net
  "Don't take life too seriously, you don't get out of it alive anyway"
                               Burt Ward