Re[2]: [Zope] unable to instanciate product instance

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:40:10 -0500

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 03:25 pm, Jerry McRae allegedly wrote:
> Hi Casey,    -
>
> re: what you <CD> wrote Jerry on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 at 11:48 AM:
>
> CD> Did you try using FTP or WebDAV?
>
> CD> ftp://myzope:8021/
>
> Thanks.  I never though of that, although...
> ftp://127.0.0.1:8021 in IE gives me error 530, Unauthorized.  OK, but it
> never showed the login prompt.  OK, so now I have a FTP question, since
> I don't know much about it.  How do I pass it my name and password in a
> browser since it doesn't prompt for it?
>
> I have a windows ftp program (part of "Drag and File"), which I use for
> my web servers.  I have tried hostnames 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.1:8021,
> localhost, and localhost:8021.  I always get "Unable to Connect", which
> is quite helpful :(
>
> Zope IS running, and the monitor shows ZServer successful login when I
> was trying from IE, although I couldn't connect.
>
> My broken instance is in the root folder.  Could that cause a problem
> with ftp also?

I doubt it, but you never know.

>From your browser try:

ftp://username@myzope:8021/

or from DOS try:

ftp myzope 8021

This assumings you are running Zope on the FTP port it default to (8021), if
not, use the port number you specified in the start script.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org