[Zope] Z SQL Method Problem...

Vitor Varalonga vpedrosa@ciberbit.pt
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:13:45 +0000

--------------71EE163E9EA1F803EF6653D3

    Hi!

    I'm dealing with a very odd problem and I was hopping that someone
among this list could please enlighten me on this matter.
Somewhere within a DTML method I have to call a Z SQL Method that
basically updates an attribute of a specific record on a table (as
described below):

UPDATE Table1 SET attrib1 =3D <dtml-sqlvar attrib1 type=3D"string">
WHERE table_id =3D <dtml-sqlvar table_id type=3D"int">

Whenever I test this SQL Method setting attrib1 with a string containing

extended characters (=F5, =E2, =ED, etc.), I get the following error:

Error, sql.error: ('S1000', -802, '[INTERSOLV][ODBC InterBase driver]
[InterBase]arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation,

Cannot transliterate character between character sets')

I thought the problem would lie somewhere in the query or in some
database
definition or property, but when I tested the exact same query with the
same input parameters in IB Expert (Interbase Client Tool) everything
worked out well.
I'm working with an Interbase DB with a common Z ODBC Database
Connection.
Can someone give me a hint in how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance,

Vitor Varalonga

--------------71EE163E9EA1F803EF6653D3

<tt>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi!</tt>