[Zope] Catalog syntax querying DateTime instances -- could be broke [ATTACH]?

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:03:11 -0600

Hi.

I'm trying to query objects in the Catalog that have FieldIndices, effective
and expires.
this is on Zope2.4.3 and Zope2.5b2.

catalog( effective={'query':DateTime(), 'usage':'min'},
             expires={'query':DateTime(), 'usage':'max')

I dont get anythign returned.  using the old syntax of _usage (which by the
way still appears in the ZopeBook)
I dont really get the right thing either but I can kinda get something.

http://runyaga.com/upload_here/catalogTest.zexp jsut remove Catalog create 2
FieldIndices, effective and expires and recatalog DTMLDocuments

also it appear sthat the Catalog misreports the #'s of objects with
'effective' indexes.  both in the catalog summary report have their
effective index.  but it only says 1 in the summary of the indexes.   I will
post a verbose recipe when I figure this out.

~runyaga